Inroduction

Thursday 26 January 2017

Album Packaging and Poster Initial Ideas

In group B, we have begun research into ancillary media products, and I mainly focused on the CD packaging. I thoroughly researched nets for CD packaging on the internet, but I wanted to find something fun and interactive for the target audience, and so I looked on the internet for unusual nets and not simple ones. What I found fascinating was that some CD cases open up and are 3D, whereby the CD pop out. An example is in the picture below...

Image result for cd packaging open up 3d

I believed we could use this as an example and make something like this for our CD packaging. With help from Boj, who is extremely good at making origami anyway, we came up with an idea and mock up of what our packaging could look like when we open it up.



The picture above shows the mock up me and Boj came up with and made. As you can see it is not the usual way a CD is encased, as this pops out. We liked this idea as the audience can open it and be surprised to see what is inside, making the packaging exciting.

However, with our music video, and other folk media products in mind, we wanted to keep the packaging as simple as possible showing continuity throughout our products. therefore, I made an initial thumbnail of what our album could look like...


I believe the front cover should be kept simple, but also informative, with the bands name and name of the album in font that is eye catching. We then decided it would be best if we did a  single album and not a full album, so that we could focus on the lyrics and representation of 'Old Pine'. As you can see I have suggested that it would be a good idea if we included the lyrics on the inside, to make it interactive as the audience can sing along. The conclusion is, we will make our packaging simple showing continuity across our media products, and again representing nature and friendship through images, colour and font.

1 comment: