Inroduction

Wednesday 23 November 2016

Pictures From My Holiday In Mexico

These are some pictures that we could use for our music video or album cover. I took these throughout my holiday, where I went to Cancun and celebrated my cousins 30th birthday. Some of these images have come out exceptionally and overall they are all successful images that would look nice in a music video or  on an album cover. They also fit the genre of the song we have chose in our previous blog as we decided to do a folk song which would include natural scenery. All these pictures seem gentle and calm and that links in perfectly with the tempo of folk music.

This first picture is from the balcony of the apartment I stayed in whilst in Cancun. This image is full of many different colours which make it extremely eye catching. The use of the high balcony to take the picture makes this a crane shot is is great as it is looking down on everything making the person looking at the image seem tall and powerful. By standing on my balcony, it makes the image a lot more effective you can see a lot more in the distance. Overall this is a very successful image that seems vibrant, bright and lively.
This second image is a lot darker than the last image as it was taken in the night. This image was taken from the hotel I was staying in, and this was the view as you walked out of the back reception door. This is a wide shot, making it more clear as you can see the whole swimming pool and things around it. The use of the dim and sensual lighting gives the representation that this is a calm and peaceful place.
This image was taken from my sunbed by the pool one day. This day was one of the hottest days and then all of a sudden in the afternoon a storm came along and was there for two days. we found out that the storm was a hurricane called hurricane Earl and had been in the Caribbean for over a week and now Mexico was getting the tail end of it. I took this image as the hurricane was first coming in. I like the top end of this image as it shows the power of weather and gives the representation of evil as it is dull and energetic. However, I believe this image is not as successful because the bottom end of the image with the sunbed and railing doesn't really work, and makes something natural and beautiful  seem more forced and unnatural.
This image was taken from a window on the 4th floor of the hotel I was staying in. This image is very different from the others as it is not focusing on natural scenery, instead it is an image of Cancun town and the man made side of Earth. However, this image is still successful and still could be used in a folk music video as it shows how wonderful human life is. Again this is a crane shot and is looking down on the green of palm trees and the yellow of light. I like this image a lot as it shows how it can also be peaceful and beautiful in man made and built up areas in the world.
This image contrasts from most of the images I took in Cancun as it shows how lively and fun Cancun can be as a place, as well as having beautiful natural scenery. This was taken in a night club called Coco Bongo. The lighting and vibrant colours in this shot play a part in this image being represented as exciting. This shot is almost an over the shoulder shot of the person in front of me putting his hands up, and this turned out to be really successful as it symbolises the place being full of joy.
I took this shot when I was lying on my sun bed one day. I was just looking up and thought it would make a great image. Therefore I took out my phone and quickly took this picture. In a way this is a POV of me lying on my sun bed. The use of the low angle looking up at the palm tree makes the tree look vast and gives the representation that natural life is above us and should be treated with respect. This image almost looks holy as the sun is peeping through the tree and shining down on the camera. 
This is one of my favorite images as the colours are so bright and the image is so clear. The use of the wide shot makes the two people in the sea look tiny compared to everything else and again gives the representation that the natural world is much bigger than human life.

This shot was taken on a pirate boat. I simply took this by putting the camera on an angle and pointing it up. By doing this the ship looks tall and intimidating.
These two images are very similar and were taken from the pirate ship I was on that day. The use of the wide shot allows for the large buildings to be shown in the image. These images represent  


This is my favourite picture from my whole holiday in Mexico. This image was taken again on a boat at evening time when the sun was going down. I like this shot as it looks very professional, the long shot allows the image to show the horizon in he distance with the red gold and yellow sky above it. The colours are really beautiful in this image and overall this is my favourite and what I believe to be the most successful.


This is another picture from that night on the boat, which is again a quite successful image.

The rest of these images are from a day out on a little island called Isla Mujeres








No comments:

Post a Comment